Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm "Burnin Up" for you Travis

I have on occasion found it necessary to wear a dark article of clothing despite my penchant for dressing flamboyantly.  As a child I could always bring a smile to Papa's face by putting together a colorful outfit.
"Why my dear Tillie you look positively smashing!" Daddy would gush.
Sometimes he would dress up with me and we would put make-up on each other but that was only when Mummy would go into town to the feed store.

Friday called for a stealthy ensemble and so I put together all of my darkest clothes.  Despite my cat like reflexes and best imitation of a ninja, things went awry.  I've just spent the last 24 hours recuperating and listening to the Jonas Brothers 2008 album "A Little Bit Longer".  I'm feeling better already and will spend tomorrow practicing my Oscar clap for when Travis accepts the award.

My next adventure will be a success if I keep a few things in mind.
Notes to self.....

1. It's a bad idea to wear a belt with one small buckle while forcing your way through a package delivery door because once the belt breaks you're pretty much stuck.

2. Not all press is good press.  Thankfully I was face down when the firefighters, glass cutters and locksmiths or what the local news called collectively a "band of heroes" liberated me from the service entrance in Travis' office building at midnight.

3. When owning 14 1/2 cats, a wise person will empty the litter boxes before leaving the house on an adventure that could take more than 8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment